On The Run
The Muddy Moose Trail Race last Sunday in Wolfeboro saw quite a few runners from the area. According to Frank Holmes, the course had more mud this year than two years ago when he ran this race but he managed to run 5 minutes faster. There is a 4 mile race and a 13.1 miler, the muddier the better. Results for Milers and locals in the 4 miler were Thomas Zotti, Wolfeboro, 42:26 and Justin Benes, Moultonborough 54:53. The 13.1 Miler was finished by John Lamneck, Intervale 1:50:25, Kerin Fiore, Intervale, 2:33:02, Ashley Benes, Center Harbor, 2:34:39, Frank Holmes of Eaton 2:34:54, Bob Benes, Stow, 2:42:10, and Maya Bernier of Conway 2:56:01. More results may be found at coolrunning.com and photos on Facebook Muddy Moose Trail Races.
The White Mountain Waldorf School is hosting a trail run today at the school in Albany. Registration starts at 9am – Run starts at 10am, Fun Run for the children at 11am – All-Ages Obstacles Course open all day.
Don’t forget that White Mountain Miler Trash Queen Catherine Kyle invites all her loyal subjects to help clean up our adopted roadway on Wednesday, May 3, at 7 A.M. Meet at First Bridge on River Road and enjoy breakfast on the Milers afterwards. This clean-up takes place before the Valley Pride Day, but you are invited to attend the after clean-up party at Hampton Inns. Wednesday is rain or shine clean-up in case anyone is wondering.
If you skied Meisters, you have come to realize what we’ve been seeing for the past 12 years. Wednesday is the day of the strangest weather. It always seems to rain, or snow, or thunder and or lightening or all of these on Wednesday, but it doesn’t stop us. We still meet every Wednesday in the parking lot behind the Chamber at 6:45 – 7:00 A.M. and run/walk/ruck three or four miles and then meet for breakfast. As the days are getting longer, think about joining us. There should be a return to 6 A.M. Cranmore Hike soon, too. Watch whitemountainmilers.com for more info.
It is with great sadness that I report that White Mountain MIler and former Conway resident John Renda crossed the finish line of his greatest race on Saturday, Earth Day, April 22. John was an amazing athlete who loved to run, walk, race walk, hike, bike, ski, camp, and scuba dive. He was always surrounded by friends, dogs, family, and his loving wife and best friend, Barb Renda. In Barb’s words, “ I will be forever thankful to John for helping me develop my sense of adventure and teaching me to enjoy the simple moments.”
John could always make us laugh and like so many, I say thank you to John and Barb as I so enjoyed being a part of your lives.
“Crossing the starting line may be an act of courage, but crossing the finish line is an act of faith. Faith is what keeps us going when nothing else will. Faith is the emotion that will give you victory over your past, the demons in your soul, & all of those voices that tell you what you can & cannot do & can & cannot be.”
― John Bingham
Upcoming Races and Weekly Runs: (Please note: All of these events listed are for runners and walkers!)
- Every Wednesday, Breakfast Run: 6:45 a.m. walk/run and 7 a.m., with 4-mile and 3-mile loops. Meet behind the Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce. Followed by breakfast at Stairway Cafe.
- Sunday Group Runs: Check whitemountainmilers.com or White Mountain Milers on Facebook for details. (whitemountainmilers.com)
- Saturday April 29: 5K Trail Run at White Mountain Waldorf School Whitemountainwaldorf.org
- Wednesday May 3: WMM Adopted Road Clean Up. 7 AM First Bridge
- Saturday May 6: Running Rascals 5K whitemountainmilers.com, Race Director Carol Viens 539-6032 or email@example.com
- Tuesday May 9: Kennett HIgh Track Meet firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday May 11: Solomon Spring Trail Run/Walk Series greatglentrails.com
- Saturday May 13: Dirty Girl Trail Race, runreg.com
- Sunday May 14: Mother’s Day Fun(ny) 5K & Kids Mustache Run Runforyou on Facebook (Ed Fenn School, Gorham)
- Saturday May 27: Division II Track and Field Meet will be held at KHS email@example.com
- Saturday Jun 10: 5K Color Run for Fun facebook.com/events/1292549160842161
Donna Cormier is an avid runner and walker, cyclist, hiker, paddleboarder, skier, and massage therapist with a new office at 50 Seavey Street, NoCo. For more running information, ideas and contributions, race reviews and results, reach Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org See you on the run!