On The Run 0125/18
The 8th Annual Whitaker Woods Snowshoe Scramble was postponed from Saturday, January 13 because of the rainstorm and has been rescheduled to Saturday, February 17. Held in Whitaker Woods, this 4 Mile Snowshoe Race is a fundraising event to benefit the Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring Foundation. Check out more information or to register, to to mwvskitouring.org.
The weather this winter has played havoc with all our running, skiing, and snowshoe adventures. It has been very cold, or, warm, beautiful light and dry snow, or let’s have rain, fog, blue skies, and you name it. Thanks to microspikes, snowmaking, road crews, and work-out clothing, we can still enjoy it all. Please be careful out there.
Thomas Zotti, Deputy Chief of Wolfeboro Fire-Rescue, Patriot Fan, Bruin Fan, runner, and snowshoer, competed in the Moose Mountain Runaround Snowshoe Race on January 20th in Wolfeboro. Thomas placed 2nd in his age group and because he placed while wearing his White Mountain Miler Shirt, he earned a 7-Eleven Gift Card.
If you’re in need of White Mountain Miler Gear, contact Frank Holmes at 447-4365 or email him at email@example.com. Then, wear your gear in a race, place in the race, have your photo taken with the finish information, and send it to Frank. He will be happy to get your 7-Eleven Gift Card to you.
The next White Mountain Miler Breakfast Run is set for Sunday, February 4. What could be better than a run, any distance of your choice, followed by a potluck breakfast filled with great food, coffee, tea, laughs, and games. Check out whitemountainmilers.com for further info.
The Mount Washington Road Race Lottery Registration opens on February 12 and continues through February 26 at 11:59 PM! Don’t delay. This is the first step in being one of the chosen to run up the rockpile. Go to mtwashingtonautoroad.com for all the info.
Save the date! The White Mountain Milers Annual Meeting is set for Tuesday, March 6 at Tuckerman Brewing Company, 66 Hobbs Street, Conway. Social time with appetizers and Tuckerman beer deals, recap of our running year, future club planning and events, membership sign ups, and Mt. Washington Road Race slots. Hope to see you there!
“The obsession with running is really an obsession with the potential for more and more life.”–George Sheehan, runner, doctor, writer
Upcoming Races and Weekly Runs: (Please note: All of these events listed are for runners and walkers!)
- Every Wednesday, Breakfast Run: 6:45 a.m. walk/run and 7 a.m., with 4-mile and 3-mile loops. Meet behind the Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce. Always followed by breakfast.
- Sunday Group Runs: Check whitemountainmilers.com or White Mountain Milers on Facebook for details. whitemountainmilers.com
- Sunday Feb 4: White Mountain MIlers February Breakfast Run whitemountainmiles.com
- Monday Feb 12: Mount Washington Road Race Lottery Registration begins mountwashingtonautoroad.com
- Saturday Feb 17: 8th Annual Whitaker Woods Snowshoe Scramble, Intervale mwvskitouring.org/SnowshoeScramble/index.html
- Tuesday Mar 6: Annual White Mountain Milers Tuckerman Brewing Company, Conway
- Saturday Apr 7: 2nd Annual Feeling Good 5K and Chili Cook Off whitemountainmilers.com
- Saturday & Sunday May 5&6: White Lake Ultras rockhopperraces.com
- Saturday Jun 16: Mount Washington Road Race
- Saturday Jun 16: Chocorua Mountain Race rockhopperraces.com
- Sunday Jul 8: Cranmore Hill Climb 5K whitemountainmilers.com
Donna Cormier is a licensed massage therapist, avid runner and walker, cyclist, hiker, paddle boarder, skier, with a new office at 50 Seavey Street, NoCo. For more running information, ideas, contributions, race reviews and results, reach Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org See you on the run!